Fwd: Tie at end of first repeat

From: Brent Annable
Subject: Fwd: Tie at end of first repeat
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 00:10:40 +0100

Forwarding the message I sent to Xavier, forgot to include the group.

THAT is an AWESOME suggestion, and works like a charm. Thanks Xavier!

Now I also feel incredibly stupid. Is this tip already in the manual somewhere? If it isn't, I think it would make a valuable addition as it solves the problem quickly and easily without any excessive tweaking.

Brent.

On 2 February 2012 00:04, Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden> wrote:
On 1 February 2012 22:54, Brent Annable <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm typesetting a piece with repeats, for which I'm using the "volta 2"
> construction with a first-time and second-time ending. My problem is that I
> have a note that is tied from the end of the first ending back to the start
> of the "volta" section. This doesn't seem to work with a normal tie, so I'm
> trying to use a \repeatTie and attach it to the right-hand side of the
> notehead, but I can't figure out how to do it. Here's what I've tried so
> far:
>
> \score {
>  \relative c' {
>  \override RepeatTie #'side-axis = #0
>  \override RepeatTie #'direction = #RIGHT
>
>  c2 c2~ \repeat volta 2 { c2 c2 }
>
> \alternative {
> { c2 c2 \repeatTie}
> {d2 d2}
>              }
>              c2 c2 \bar "|." }
> }
>
> I just can't get it to work, I would be really grateful if someone could
> explain where I'm going wrong.

This is a workaround, but you could use  \laissezVibrer  instead of
using \repeatTie .

Hope that helps (a little).

Cheers,
Xavier