Re: Thinking about putting together a grant to support development on Li

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Thinking about putting together a grant to support development on LilyPond
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 16:58:43 +0100

2012/2/8 Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:
> Guidelines for the preservation grant (which will probably be due in July)
> are shown here:
> http://www.neh.gov/grants/guidelines/HCRR.html
>
> Guidelines for the digital humanities grants are shown here:
> http://www.neh.gov/grants/guidelines/digitalhumanitiesstartup.html

They both seem related to our work indeed.

> B) Development of a lilypond scoring standard for the project, so that
> scholars would know how to compare scores.

Do you mean creating a standard lily code formatting style?

> C) Development of score_ocr2ly, which would take a score pdf and turn it
> into .ly files matching the lilypond scoring standard

>From the user's perspective, this is extremely cool.
>From contributor's perspective, i have no idea what kind of task is this.

i think that doing GLISS would be important if we wanted Lily to be
used in big libraries.  I'm keen to work on GLISS.

> So I'd like to ask the developers (and the users):  Does this seem
> interesting to you?  Is this something that is worth trying to put
> together?

I'm interested, both as a user and as a contributor.

> Is anybody interested in contributing to a grant proposal?

You mean writing it?  I have 0 experience writing formal papers like this.

cheers,
Janek