Re: Instrument line in header block - first piece only?

From: Tim Roberts
Subject: Re: Instrument line in header block - first piece only?
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 11:04:44 -0800

Tim Reeves wrote:
> Clarinet players switch actual
> instruments more than anyone I'd say, and I don't play clarinet, so I
> can't speak to that, but I have a feeling that they likewise assume B-flat
> until they are told something else.

Band players can.  Orchestral players really can't make assumptions.  A
survey of orchestral clarinet parts done a decade or so ago showed a
distribution of about 40% clarinet in A, 40% clarinet in Bb, and 20%
clarinet in C, with a smattering of other oddities.

--
Tim Roberts, address@hidden
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.