Re: Note names in Midi Note Numbers?

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: Note names in Midi Note Numbers?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 01:38:49 -0800 (PST)

Jonghyun Kim wrote:

> Thanks Tim for the advise,
>
> Can I try to this?
>
> I can define all of notes as numbers:
> 48 = c3
> 49 = c#3
> 50 = d3
> 51 = d#3
> 52 = e3
> ...etc
>
> And replace the note names to numbers:
>
> { 48 50 52 49 51 }
>
> Then I get engraved score:
>
> c3 d3 e3 c#3 d#3
>
> At this point my question is: How to define note names to numbers(midi),
> and how to call them in the code.

a time ago somebody kindly gave me instructions how to add a new language -
unfortunately I don't remember who it was.

this can be used to print pitches in a new language:

#(let ((new-lang
        `(midis . (
         (58 . ,(ly:make-pitch -1 0 DOUBLE-FLAT))
         (59 . ,(ly:make-pitch -1 0 FLAT))
         (60 . ,(ly:make-pitch -1 0 NATURAL))
         (61 . ,(ly:make-pitch -1 0 SHARP))
         (62 . ,(ly:make-pitch -1 0 DOUBLE-SHARP))
 ))))
 (if (not (assoc 'myLang language-pitch-names))
(set! language-pitch-names (cons new-lang language-pitch-names))))
%
\language nederlands
mus = \relative {
  ceses 1 |
  ces |
  c |
  cis |
  cisis |
}
\language midis
\displayLilyMusic
\mus

in the log you then will find this code:

{
  58'1 |
  59' |
  60' |
  61' |
  62' |
}

now I have no idea about how to do it the other way round, i.e. how to tell
LilyPond to read these numbers as pitches.

Eluze