Re: node head positions

From: Tim Roberts
Subject: Re: node head positions
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:01:34 -0700

Huang wrote:
> Tim,

Please keep your replies to the list, where others may benefit.

>   Thanks for your information. I am thinking to highlight these notes
> if I can get their positions. I will look into the PS to see if I can
> get these positions. It is good to know that LilyPond can output MIDI,
> which is definitely useful.

"Highlight" in what way?  LilyPond was designed for printed output,
where dynamic highlighting is not generally possible.  LilyPond is not a
GUI.  There is no window where you can drag notes around.  LilyPond
files are usually viewed in a PDF viewer.

The LilyPond PDF output does include PDF hyperlinks on each note that
tell you which line number and character number it came from, to help
with editing.  Without more information, we can't tell whether that
would be useful or not.

> Another question, I am using Mac Lion, and I found that LilyPond
> doesn't support it yet. Is there any timeline for supporting Lion OS?

The list will know that.

--
Tim Roberts, address@hidden
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.