Re: how to underline or italic a single word in lyric?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: how to underline or italic a single word in lyric?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 21:43:14 -0400

Hi Jay,

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-vocal-music
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation/common-notation-for-vocal-music

> But we 'should' be able to use common words to find something like this. No?

Yes… But as you know, there's only so much hand-holding the documentors can do:
once they've indicated (a) that markup can be used in Lyrics and (b) how one
applies underlines, italics, etc. to markups, I imagine there are much more
important improvements to be made in the docs than linking those two concepts
explicitly.

Cheers,
Kieren.