combining pieces in one book

From: Dr. med. Kai Lautenschläger
Subject: combining pieces in one book
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 15:53:49 +0200

Hi to all,

If this has been answered before, please point me there. I searched the manual
several times, but couldn't find an answer, that helped me.

I have many pieces for male choir, that are stored as .ly-files in a directory
with a subdirectory for every piece. All of them use some files via \include
command. Those files are situated in the parent directory.

Now I would like to make a book (one PDF with TOC and numbered pages) from
several of these pieces. And - to make it more complicated - this book changes
in content (the .ly-files are the repertoire, book will be the selection for
any given concert.

I am searching for a solution to _easily_ make those books without working on
the pieces-files. Using \bookpart gave a great number of errors and didn't
compile. Can anyone give me a starter, how to go about this?

Thanks
Kai