Re: Subject: Re: lilyglyphs LaTeX package

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: lilyglyphs LaTeX package
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 13:52:02 +0200

The package doesn't have real installation instructions (or even an installation procedure) yet (something for 0.1, a first official release).

Fortunately xelatex-ubuntu is what I have, so I can tell you how you will make it work.

One issue is that there are included files in a subfolder. (I assume I'll have to do something about that for a 'real' packaged version.)

As a dirty quick 'installation' I recommend:
  • place lilyglyphs.sty and the complete definitions/ folder somewhere on your disk, e.g. in a directory ~/lilyglyphs.
  • place the Emmentaler OTF file from the OTF folder in ~/.fonts
    (Maybe you have to run "fc-cache" afterwards to update your fontconfig cache - but I don't know for sure, I can't do any harm anyway)
  • create symlinks to lilyglyphs.sty and the definitions/ folder _in the directory_ where your .tex file is located:
    ln -s ~/lilyglyphs/lilyglyphs.sty
    ln -s ~/lilyglyphs/definitions
    -> This is going to pretend that the package is in the same dir as your .tex file.
    Alternatively you can (for testing the package) put your .tex file in the directory where lilyglyphs.sty is.

You may get  long lists of 'kpathsea' errors. This is what I had on some of my computers (not only with this package but also earlier with other OpenType fonts and fontspec). I finally found out that this happened when I had 'activated' the respective fonts with a font manager (FontMatrix). When all these references were away, fontspec worked fine.

Hope this helps (works)
Best
Urs