Re: Suboptimal slur (easy case)

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: Suboptimal slur (easy case)
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 20:26:50 +0800

> From: eluze

> James Harkins-2 wrote
> >
> > Is there an issue logged for this?
>
> what's the issue?

The default slur extends too low.

> if the notes are not that tight (e.g. using ragged-right = ##f in your
> example) your "cleaner look" doesn't look so clean anymore (that's my
> personal opinion)

My intent with the override was merely to illustrate what the slur should (IMO) look like, not to propose that this specific height limit should replace the current default. That would just be silly :-P

So, why does the default slur cross the bottom staff line? Seems rather loopy-bloopy to me, and the case is not complicated: two consecutive notes, only one step apart. About as trivial as a slur gets.

hjh