Re: TextSpanner duplicates text after \break

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Re: TextSpanner duplicates text after \break
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 01:18:00 +0100

Bug squad,

Please open a tracker issue for this, title something like "Ottava
spanners behaviour need option to suppress repeat of spanner text at
line breaks"

Main issues:
   1. New property needed to allow users to configure this behaviour.
   2. We need better consistency of documented syntax between ottava
spanners' properties and those for text spanners.
   3. Check with Gould and other engraving authorities what the correct
engraving default for an ottava passage is when there is a line break.
   4. OP has stated it worked as currently in V2.14.2, maybe before =>
this is an enhancement request.
   5. Files affected - at least lily/ottava-engraver.cc,
scm/define-context-properties.scm and scm/define-music-callbacks.scm +
ottava.ly regression test and ottava-text.ly documentation snippet.

\version "2.17.0"
\relative c' {
  \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = "rit."
  \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left-broken text) = ##f
  \ottava #1
  \set Staff.ottavation = #"octave"
  \override OttavaBracket #'(bound-details left-broken text) = #f
  c''4 d2. \startTextSpan\break |
  e2. f8. g16\stopTextSpan |
}

See attached image for V2.17.0 output.