Re: xpdf won't show lily's PDF file

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: xpdf won't show lily's PDF file
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 17:38:34 +0200

Laura Conrad <address@hidden> writes:

> My system in currently in dependency hell, so I'm sure this isn't either
> a lilypond problem or an xpdf problem, but an  ubuntu package manager
> problem.  (If anyone tells you ubuntu has 32-bit executables installing
> seamlessly on a 64-bit system, they haven't tested it much.)
>
> But if someone knows off the top of their heads why evince and gv can
> read the lilypond output with no problem, but xpdf comes up and then
> gives pages and pages of errors like:
>
> re 3930.24 340.711 2.48828 161.008
> cm 10 0 0 10 0 0
> BT
> Tf /R14 19.9253
>   font: tag=R14 name='LKBZYR+Emmentaler-20' 19.9253
> Tm 1 0 0 1 393.473 50.1719
> Tj ()
> ET
> re 3871.16 0 2.49219 57.4805
> re 3871.16 -2.99219 2.48828 60.4727
>
> and then segfaults, it might help me fix the dependency problem.

That's not a dependency problem, and it is not a LilyPond problem.  xpdf
will segfault on any PDF file.  Install an older dpkg package (I have
3.02-21 I think, the Ubuntu one has a slightly different number) and
mark it as holded.  Don't ask me why Ubuntu considers providing a
segfaulting binary a good idea.

--
David Kastrup