Re: evince handling textedit://

From: Stjepan Horvat
Subject: Re: evince handling textedit://
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 17:11:41 +0200

you can make log file with touch ~/textedit_url.log .
and your textedit-url.sh has to be in your $PATH..

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Laura Conrad <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]

    Mark> Thanks for prompting me to update this. Gnome 3 no longer uses the
    Mark> gconf key, it's now actually a little easier. I've put the info and
    Mark> necessary files here:

    Mark> https://github.com/markk/textedit-ly

    Mark> Let me know if this works for you.

Not for me.  When I click the notehead, evince pops up a red box that says:

    Unable to open external link
    The specified location is not supported

I also can't do "tail -f ~/textedit_url.log" because the file doesn't
exist, either before or after I've opened the PDF file.

This is on an ubuntu 12.04 system running "GNOME Document Viewer 3.4.0".
The PDF file was produced with lilypond 2.16.0.

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden, twitter: @serpentplayer)
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

I suppose it can be said I'm an absent-minded driver.  It's true that
I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the
other hand I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit
for it.

Glenn Gould, quoted in "A Romance on Three Legs" by Katie Hafner