Re: Lyrics placement

From: Guy Stalnaker
Subject: Re: Lyrics placement
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 15:10:02 -0500

Thanks Trevor -- I had to completely rework how the score was described and, and you said, jettison /addlyrics. The template will be different now, but the lyrics are indeed above the staff where I want them to be. The issue was with using << >> in a nested way to get SopranoOne and SopranoTwo music on the same stave with lyrics for one above and lyrics for the other below:

\context Staff = "soprano" <<
  <<
    \context Voice = "sopranoVoiceOne" {
      \sopranoVoiceOne
      } % Voice
    \lyricsto "sopranoVoiceOne"
      \new Lyrics \with { alignAboveContext = "soprano" } \lyricmode {
      \verseSopranoVoiceOne
    } % Lyrics
  >> %SopOne
  <<
    \context Voice = "sopranoVoiceTwo" {
      \sopranoVoiceTwo
      } % Voice
    \lyricsto "sopranoVoiceTwo" \new Lyrics \lyricmode {
      \verseSopranoVoiceTwo
      } % Lyrics 1
  >> % SopTwo

That bit works.