Re: exact dimenions of pdf/png

From: Peter Van Kranenburg
Subject: Re: exact dimenions of pdf/png
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 09:43:05 +0100

On 10/29/12 6:13 PM, David Kastrup wrote:
writing
\paper { paper-width=110\mm }
\score { { c4 c4 c4 c4 } }
and using
lilypond -dresolution=1200 --png
I get an image with 5197 pixels width, which is to a pixel exactly what
was demanded.  So perhaps you need to check what throws a spanner in
your works, starting from a simple paper definition.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Invoking 'lilypond -dresolution=1200 --png' results in the right dimensions, indeed. Thanks. I will use this. The image is not cropped automatically, so I now have to tune the page-height as well. And I have to set a small margin for the curly bracket of the PianoStaff. Otherwise it would be off the page.

The usage manual however (section 4.4) tells me to do this:
lilypond -dbackend=eps -dno-gs-load-fonts -dinclude-eps-fonts --png -dresolution=1200 figure.ly That results in a png that is too wide. There seems another mechanism at work to determine size of resulting image. Cropping?

Thanks,
Peter