Re: guitar inlays / labels

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: guitar inlays / labels
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 15:54:33 -0800 (PST)

Curt Siffert wrote
> Wow, Eluze.  Just, wow!

glad I could help

> Works great for my purposes.  The inlay doesn't scale if I increase the
> size of the fret diagram itself, but it all scales just fine if I change
> the global staff size - that works even if I don't attach the fret to a
> staff.  Thanks so much!

using \override TextScript.size doesn't impress the inlay part (who knows
why?), but you can /\markup \scale #'(.3 . .3) …/ so that relations are
preserved (at least it worked in my litttle examples)

> It's not for any particular students I have - I'm going to make an Anki
> flashcard deck to help people (including me) learn the guitar fretboard in
> general.  First B's and C's, then E's and F's, and then filling in the
> rest.

btw, reversing the order of combining seems more appropriate to hide the
inlay and bring forth the note

if it's useful for more people we could raise an enhancement request to make
it more conform to LilyPond standards.

Eluze