Re: markup baselines

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: markup baselines
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 21:00:50 +0000 (UTC)

Kieren MacMillan <kieren_macmillan <at> sympatico.ca> writes:

> What would be required to change all markups so that the baseline is the
> reference point,

For 'staff-padding, that was the intent, and it seems not-too-hard to repair
the code <http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3026>

> At least for markups that often should be on the same baseline
> (e.g., MetronomeMark)

However, MetronomeMarks are set in the Score by default, in which case they
do not listen to staff-padding
<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=342>

For tempo signs, the best we can do for now is probably
{ \override Score.MetronomeMark #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-0.5 . 0)
  \tempo "molto rall." b4\p b b b \tempo "Tempo primo" b\f b b b }