Re:lilypond-book include *.ly, cannot find file

From: Cognac Natanael
Subject: Re:lilypond-book include *.ly, cannot find file
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 10:05:55 +0100

You might want to try using relative-includes, either by activating this
option in your lilypond files:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/including-lilypond-files

or activating this option from the command line:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/usage/command_002dline-usage#advanced-command-line-options-for-lilypond

When running lilypond-book, you can pass command-line options to
lilypond by specifying the --process:
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/usage/invoking-lilypond_002dbook

Cheers,
Julien

If you tell lilypond-book (using --include=lilypond) to look in the
lilypond directory for the file ../config.ly, it can't find this file
because it doesn't exist (because of .. you end up in the parent directory).

It might be sufficient to specify only one subdirectory e.g.
--include=lilypond/tuneA (and not all subdirectories one-by-one) since
then it can find the file at lilypond/tuneA/../config.ly

Makes sense?

Cheers,
Julien

Yes, it does make sense, thank you very much for all your precisions. I’m going to sharpen the file organisation of my project.