Re: change barline type with time signature change

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: change barline type with time signature change
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 10:51:11 -0500

Hi Joram,

> a) Following the manuals:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/internals/barline
> this would do it for the default bar line in 2.17.9:
>
> \layout {
>  \override Score.BarLine #'glyph-name = #"!"   % dashed
>  % \override Score.BarLine #'glyph-name = #";" % or dotted
> }
>
> b) For the time signature you would need an extra
> \override Score.BarLine #'glyph-name = #"|"

Yes: this is essentially what I'm doing currently (in order to get the score
done ASAP, as rehearsals on my chamber opera will begin quite soon).

> There is probably a better solution for b), which does not require to modify
> the music input.

That's what I'm hoping for: an automated solution.
I will be following up on David N's suggestion, to see if I can modify his
engraver to accomplish what I need.

Thanks!
Kieren.