Re: Changing of default midi instrument

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Changing of default midi instrument
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 19:48:09 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013, Phil Holmes wrote:

I am new in Lilypond.
I try to change the default midi instrument (piano) for a song to a violin.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/midi-instruments#index-MIDI_002c-instruments

In this case it doesn't matter but:
If a (new) user has a question in the lilypond-user list I think we should point him to the corresponding chapter in the manuals for the stable Lilypond 2.16 version, the recommended version for normal and/or new users. At least that's what the website tells me.

--

MT