Re: Setting X-offset and Y-offset graphically.

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: Setting X-offset and Y-offset graphically.
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:43:37 +0200

Op Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:31:13 +0200
Urs Liska <address@hidden> schreef:

> What I intended to post on your issue tracker (already one day before
> Richard started posting his progress :-) )
> is: Use Click&drag to correct pitches.
> Idea:
> - Strg-Click on a note (-> like a special behaviour of the beautiful
> magnifying glass)
> - Allow to move the note up and down
> - Use modifier keys to toggle between natural/sharp/flat (or semitone
> up/downwards
> - on MouseUp change the note in the source.

Very cool! When manipulating objects the magnifier (or some object like
it) should popup and display what you are doing.

> I don't know if you can have the music view instantly reflect that
> change?

I think that LilyPond should be run again. I want to implement
continuous autocompile anyway.

> If not, would it be possible to highlight a changed note (or other
> item) with a color?

That can be done.

> If you could implement this functionality on a fundamental level (i.e.
> modifying the source by dragging objects), we'd surely find a lot of
> uses for it, and it would take LilyPond editing to a new dimension!!!

This is surely the goal for Frescobaldi: editing LilyPond source files,
but also via the Music View.

I am also thinking of dragging from one note to another and on release,
select the corresponding source and show a menu for adding slur,
articulations, or whatever.

Now I'd need time to implement these cool stuff! :)

Wilbert

--
Wilbert Berendsen
(http://www.wilbertberendsen.nl)