Re: Understanding spacing

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Understanding spacing
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 23:31:02 +0200

>>> Second question: Is there a function to change all 4 values without
>>> typing the whole alist, only the values? …
>>
>> Write it using define-scheme-function.
>
> Ok, I just wanted to make sure that I am not reinventing the wheel. I
> feel now confident to write such a function (I think)

Ok, I was too optimistic. Could anyone help me out here, I do not
understand what's wrong here:

\version "2.17.14"

% this is intended to return an alist with the given values:
make-spacing = #(define-scheme-function
     (parser location bdist mdist padd stret)
     (number? number? number? number?)
     '((basic-distance . bdist)
       (minimum-distance . mdist)
       (padding . padd)
       (stretchability . stret))
     )

\paper {
 #(display (make-spacing 60 2 3 4))
 system-system-spacing = #(make-spacing 60 2 3 4)
 #(display system-system-spacing)
}

% error message: Wrong type to apply: #<Music function #<procedure #f
(parser location bdist mdist padd stret)>>

Cheers,
Joram