Re: How to remove time signatures in part of the score

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: How to remove time signatures in part of the score
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 11:23:30 +0200

Could you stop posting HTML copies of your articles?  The formatting is
all off in them.

Peter Toye <address@hidden> writes:

> I want to remove the time signature in part of the score without
> losing the bar count.  I've tried this, but it doesn't seem to work -
> I get the default 4/4 time sig. What am I doing wrong?
>
> OboePart= {
>   \new Voice \with {
>     \remove Time_signature_engraver
>   }
>   {
>     \compressFullBarRests
>     \clef treble
>     R1*81
>   }
>   \new Voice \with {
>     \consists Time_signature_engraver
>   }
>   \time 2/4
>   \relative c''
>   {
>     c2| c2
>   }
> }

Time_signature_engraver is not at voice level but at Staff level.  You
might have better success anyway by overriding the respective stencil
(possibly using \omit Staff.TimeSignature or similar).

--
David Kastrup