Re: How to use swing.scm in a .ly file

From: Guy Stalnaker
Subject: Re: How to use swing.scm in a .ly file
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 10:06:52 -0500

David,

Much thanks. Adding 'swing.scm' to the init variable was easy to do once, of course, you told me what to do.

Regards,

Guy

On 05/17/2013 08:57 AM, David Nalesnik wrote:
Hi Guy,

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 7:43 AM, Guy Stalnaker <address@hidden> wrote:

All,

Thinking this should be simple to do I've now spent over an hour trying to
figure out how to use the functions in swing.scm (
https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/attachmentText?id=687&aid=6870029000&name=swing.scm&token=r8ZwHdiYCou-OG0e72qA0tUNAv0%3A1351867728273).
I have copied the .scm file to the \scm directory where lilypond is
installed. I then tried to use one of the functions in swing.scm yet
lilypond says the function name is an unknown string.

The file needs to be loaded, so I believe you should add its name to the
variable `init-scheme-files-body' in the file `scm\lily.scm'

<quote>

Parsing...

/Users/gstalnaker/Dropbox/Guy/Compositions/JustUs/Goodnight, Sweetheart,
Goodnight.ly:134:2 <http://0>: error: unknown escaped string:
`\tripletFeel'

  \tripletFeel 8 {
/Users/gstalnaker/Dropbox/Guy/Compositions/JustUs/Goodnight, Sweetheart,
Goodnight.ly:134:2 <http://1>: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING
</quote>

  I tried to \include swing.scm but lilypond literally included the scheme
contents and all of it was error.

Why not add # before the various functions and save it as an .ly file?
  Then \include will work, and you won't have to make the changes above
every time you upgrade.

HTH,
David

--

"There is only love, and then oblivion. Love is all we have
to set against hatred." (paraphrased) Ian McEwan

Guy Stalnaker