Re: general help

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: general help
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 08:40:09 +0200

2013/5/26 Nick Payne <address@hidden>
On 26/05/13 05:54, Janek WarchoĊ‚ wrote:
2013/5/25 Helge Kruse <address@hidden>:
I have observed that the indention is lost when you copy something from
Frescobaldi and paste it directly into Thunderbird or Chrome. I usually use
the workaround to paste it to a texteditor like notepad and copy it from
there again. After that the indentation is kept. I don't know the reason for
the lost indentation and I don't want to blame Frescobaldi for it. But I
hope my workaround may help.

Just for your information, i experience exactly the same problem and i
use the same workaround.

I see that problem on my laptop, which is running Windows, but not on my desktop, which is running Linux. On Linux the indentation is preserved when doing a copy/paste from Frescobaldi to Thunderbird.

I'm on Linux and:

- in Chromium the indentation is lost if I simply paste, it is not lost if I paste as plain text
- in other email clients (Thunderbird, Geary) the indentation is preserved

it may be related to the formatting of the email (html vs text)?