Re: current whiteout mechanism is not perfect

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: current whiteout mechanism is not perfect
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 14:42:55 +0200

Hi,

2013/6/23 Karol Majewski <address@hidden>:
> Hi. The example in the attachment shows that the current whiteout mechanism
> is not perfect. As far as I know, it works by drawing white box in the
> background of the text. This solution, however, has one drawback: sometimes
> bar line isn't broken in it's full width and that looks ugly. (see example)

Is this text ("f....") right-aligned to the barline, or was is just a
coincidence that it appeared there?
If it's a coincidence, i'd say that this is unfixable.  However, if
the text was deliberately aligned to the barline, you may file a bug
report.  Correcting this is a matter of fixing alignment stuff, see:
(new alignment will take barline thickness into account and thus there
should be no problem here).  That patch is currently on hold, waiting
for the stable release.

best,
Janek