Re: Two End bar

From: Christopher R. Maden
Subject: Re: Two End bar
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 13:38:53 -0400

On 07/20/2013 10:39 PM, Carl Peterson wrote:
> You've specified the bars in all your voices. It looks like the bass
> voice ends before the others, so you're seeing the double-bar for the
> bass voice, then the others. Typically, you only want one voice
> explicitly declaring bars (and breaks) to avoid confusion. I
> typically use an extra voice on one of my staves that is nothing but
> skips, bars and breaks.

I will disagree with Carl here — I like to have end bars (and other
flow-features) in all my parts precisely because errors like this show
up with a giant flashing neon sign.  It is a nice diagnostic side-effect.

~Chris
“Peace has other governments that don’t go through the will of
 politicians.” — Mia Couto, “Rain, the Dreamsend” (tr. Austen Hyde)
GnuPG fingerprint: DB08 CF6C 2583 7F55 3BE9  A210 4A51 DBAC 5C5C 3D5E