Re: Anyone using a tablet for lily?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Anyone using a tablet for lily?
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 18:40:44 +0200

"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 17:40:26 +0200
> David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > I was thinking about getting a tablet but why run Lilypond on it?
>>
>> Because then you can deal with a singer complaining "that's just too
>> high, can I get this a third lower?" on the fly.
>
> Ah.  You have one of *those* singers.

Actually, I tend to sing at pitch.  It's the listeners that say "that's
just too high, can I get this a third lower?" then.  In my active times,
I've had to sing bass, tenor and alto in a single choir concert (moving
between pieces was one heck of a complex routine to remember).  But of
course one has to keep up a good practice regime to do that gracefully.

> So, to your original question, I guess you need to check for something
> running Linux.  I suppose Windows would work but I wouldn't trust it
> to be 100% compatible with a desktop system.

I'd guess that Android should be possible.  But it would likely be quite
a challenge to teach that to GUB.

--
David Kastrup