Re: new to lilypond

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: new to lilypond
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 13:50:25 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephanie" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 1:30 PM
Subject: new to lilypond

Hi all,

Hi, Stephanie,

I am new to lilypond and have a few basic questions.
1) are there other blind lilypond users?

We have had a number of other blind users, who have been active on the user list in the past, but I've not seen contributions from them recently.

2) how do i write accidentals in english.
Steph

I think a lot of us simply use the Dutch standard of es for a flat and is for a sharp - I certainly do. According to the Notation Reference, f is a flat in English and s is a sharp (makes sense).

--
Phil Holmes