Re: click track lead-in invisible bar

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: click track lead-in invisible bar
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 00:02:10 +0200

Jim Tisdall <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm generating a click track.  I need it to start a measure
> (or two) before the music in a staffgroup.  I want the extra
> beginning measure to be hidden, so it doesn't show up in the
> typeset score, but just sounds in the midi output.  I already
> have the clicktrack hidden.  I just need it to start a measure
> early, without displaying an empty measure in the score.

\score {
   [music without early start]
   \layout { }
}

\score {
  [music with early start]
  \midi { }
}

> Thanks for considering my problem, any pointers or suggestions
> will be most appreciated. -- Jim Tisdall

One score for the midi part, one for the printed score, and you have a
lot of flexibility.

It might be worth looking up \tag in the manual as well: that makes it
easier to prepare all the info in one music variable, then erase
selected parts of it as required.

--
David Kastrup