Re: How to connect Midi keyboard to Lilypond? (fwd)

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: How to connect Midi keyboard to Lilypond? (fwd)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 08:13:16 +0200 (CEST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 08:12:30 +0200 (CEST)
From: Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden>
To: searchfgold6789 <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: How to connect Midi keyboard to Lilypond?

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013, searchfgold6789 wrote:

However, I am not sure how to proceed from there...
pressing keys in vmpk doesn't do anything.

The only "MIDI input" for the plugin is "Real Time Sequencer", and the only
input and output in vmpk is still "Midi Through:0".

I tried running:
a2jmidid -e

et voila! I can select rumor from the VMPK midi configuration menu.

I have always found Audio, MIDI connections, ALSA-midi, JACK-midi on Linux hard to understand subjects, and still sometimes have to struggle using a trial&error method without knowing what and why I am doing things ..

Anyway, in this case give a2jmidid a try.

--

MT