Re: Flat flags

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: Flat flags
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 04:35:00 +0200

Hi Thomas,

Thank you so much for your help! Indeed this is very close to what I am looking for, but there is a small catch: your code does not provide a result identical to theĀ \set stemLeftBeamCount = #0 note[]. The flags' position are not matching the staff lines (look at the picture attached where all will be cleared).

Also, I really like the idea about the patch when angles=0, that would be great :)

Thanks once again! Take care,
Gilberto

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 3:36 AM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
2013/10/1 Thomas Morley <address@hidden>:

> modern-straight-flag etc is defined in flag-styles.scm
>
> It's a pity that the main definition there uses
> 'ly:round-filled-polygon'. Setting the points of the polygon to fit a
> cuboid will result in inclined flags, perhaps a rounding issue.
> If it would work this way it would be a two-liner to define flat flags.

Maybe I should develop a patch with the idea to use
ly:round-filled-box, if the angles are 0.

Harm