Re: Problem with LilyJAZZ.ily

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Problem with LilyJAZZ.ily
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 04:23:45 +0000 (UTC)

Thomas Morley <thomasmorley65 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> 2013/10/8 Steve Noland <steve <at> thenolands.us>:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > On a Mac, when trying to compile the jazz-test-3.ly file, I get the
> > following error from Lilypond re: the LilyJAZZ.ily file:

> Try replacing #(define (jazz-keysig grob) ...) with Keith's suggestion:
> http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Pseudo-handwritten-font-tt142117.html#a147230

Steve, could you put a link to that fix near wherever you found LilyJAZZ.ily ?

The history is, I extended the key-signature print function last August, for
development version 2.17.1 and eventually stable 2.18.  Meanwhile Thorsten was
probably working on LilyJAZZ, and had to depend on some undocumented internals
of the old key-signature print function.  In March he posted the version that
works with stable LilyPond 2.16.

Probably Thorsten, or any of us, will update his .ily file for version 2.18 when
that comes out.

Nevertheless, people will try to use the old LilyJAZZ version, meant for 2.16,
with version 2.18.   I think situation justifies putting a backward-compatible
function 'key-signature-interface::alteration-position' into LilyPond, just for
LilyJAZZ.