Re:Stuck note after acciaccatura in Midi output

From: Peter Gentry
Subject: Re:Stuck note after acciaccatura in Midi output
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 11:03:44 +0100

>> The problem vanishes if the \tempo specification changed to 179 or
>> slower.
>
>When I use LilyPond on the input you posted, the .midi file looks fine.
>
>LilyPond uses 384 ticks per crotchet and sets the tick rate
>based on the tempo.  At 180 beats per minute, that would be a
>70-kHz tick rate.
>When you change tempo, at most 3 bytes of the .midi file should change.
>
>I can imagine a problem if you are sending the MIDI down an
>actual MIDI cable.  Grace notes are played at 1/4 noted
>duration, so the quaver grace note gets the duration of a
>demisemiquaver, which would be 0.7 msec at your tempo.  The
>software reading the file and sending messages out the serial
>port, though, should handle these problems gracefully.

No midi cables involved playing midi from Frescobaldi. I have subsequently
found that the same file played via Synthfont does not
have a problem.

The conclusion is that the midi file itself is OK but it is my machines
resources that cannot cope with the demand with Frescobaldi
and other programs in memory. This is the first time I have noticed any timing
difference playing midi via Fresocbaldi or Synthfont.

Thankyou for trying the file independently.