Re: Stand alone guitar chord/scale diagrams

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: Stand alone guitar chord/scale diagrams
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 16:07:01 +0200

hi,

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
> All of the dots can be put on the fretboard using the fret-diagram-verbose
> syntax.
>
> The R codes can be put inside the circles.

i was working with fret-diagrams a while back and would have loved to
be able to put something else other than fingering in the dots. how
would i put R in the circle?

> Adding the extra labels next to the dot would not be a big change.  I
> assume that the numbers are finger numbers?  It would just require the
> addition of a different location for the fingering (we currently put them
> at the top of the string, at the bottom of the string, or in the dot).
> But if we put the finger numbers outside of the dot, we'd have to have
> another kind of code for the R.  What does the R indicate?

the "R" probably indicates the root note of the scale – at least i've
seen it written that way before in guitar literature (not a player, my
girlfriend is a guitar teacher though...).

regards,
sb

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of trombonists, for they are subtle and
quick to anger.