Re: Debugging Lillypond - Unable to find file "lily.scm" in load path

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Debugging Lillypond - Unable to find file "lily.scm" in load path
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 19:12:48 +0100

Tom <address@hidden> writes:

> I have a working version of lilypond and am trying to build a debug
> version to see how it works to see if I can help but when I try and
> debug it cant initialise:
>  Unable to find file "lily.scm" in load path
> I could, presumably copy the working versions
> /usr/share/lilypond/2.16.0 directory structue to build/lily/share but
> it may be out of sync?
> I'd rather not do an install and then recompile the current version
> with debugging data so how do I get the share data built and
> installed?

Get a newer version of gdb.

Alternatively, start with
break main
run
set argv[0] = "out/bin/lilypond"
(or whatever it is where you are starting LilyPond from)
continue

About a year's worth of gdb is confused by symbolic links.  You can also
replace the symbolic link by a hard link or copy, but then you need to
keep it up to date yourself.

--
David Kastrup