Re: Volunteers for a few comparison experiments

From: Peter Bjuhr
Subject: Re: Volunteers for a few comparison experiments
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 16:40:56 +0100

Janek is somewhat disappointed by aspects of LilyPond's performance, and I have the idea it would be good to put him (and his readers) in the right perspective by having some actual comparisons. While I have to admit he's right with his criticisms I assume in some (or all) aspects other tools would have failed completely And as I'm not happy with this unbacked assumption I would like to have some volunteers willing to engrave a few complex examples with Finale and Sibelius (up-to-date versions and sufficient experience required).

I would like to volunteer for this, because it sounds important. But I only have Finale 2011. I used to upgrade to every other Finale version. But after I moved to LilyPond I have had no plans of upgrading!

Maybe you could/should add also MuseScore to this (I've seen some testimonies of people moving from LilyPond to MuseScore), then I would have easier to work with the latest version!?

Best
Peter