Re: Volunteers for a few comparison experiments

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Volunteers for a few comparison experiments
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 16:45:38 +0100

I think Finale 2011 is a good start. Anyway if one user (you) would enter examples with Fin 2011 it might be easier to find someone simply opening it with 2013 or 2014.

I wwould add any notation program anyone would come up with of course.

Peter Bjuhr <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Janek is somewhat disappointed by aspects of LilyPond's performance,
and I have the idea it would be good to put him (and his readers) in
the right perspective by having some actual comparisons. While I have
to admit he's right with his criticisms I assume in some (or all)
aspects other tools would have failed completely
And as I'm not happy with this unbacked assumption I would like to
have some volunteers willing to engrave a few complex examples with
Finale and Sibelius (up-to-date versions and sufficient experience
required).

I would like to volunteer for this, because it sounds important. But I
only have Finale 2011. I used to upgrade to every other Finale version.
But after I moved to LilyPond I have had no plans of upgrading!

Maybe you could/should add also MuseScore to this (I've seen some
testimonies of people moving from LilyPond to MuseScore), then I would
have easier to work with the latest version!?

Best
Peter

lilypond-user mailing list