Re: How install/run musicxml2ly on a Mac?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: How install/run musicxml2ly on a Mac?
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 03:42:44 +0000

On 11/11/13 3:50 PM, "Steve Noland" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Can someone give me a pointer as to how to install musicxml2ly on a Mac,
>and how to execute same?  I have looked at the usage.pdf, but I can't
>find installation instructions.

musicxml2ly is already installed if you use the standard OSX installation.

To find musicxml2ly, open a Finder window.  Find lilypond.app.
control-click (or right-click) on the lilypond.app icon, and select Show
Package Contents from the pop-up.

Then open the Contents folder, then the Resources folder, then the bin
folder, and there you'll see musicxml2ly.

There are a number of ways to make it easy to run musicxml2ly (or any of
the other files in the bin folder.  My way of doing it (probably not the
most straightforward, but it works for me) is to edit the .profile folder
in my HOME directory and add an entry of the following:

export PATH=/Applications/LilyPond/Contents/Resources/bin:$PATH

Note that this path should be modified if LilyPond is not in
/Applications.  You can get the proper path to put in the export command
by selecting Show Path Bar from the View menu in Finder.

If you don't have a .profile file in your home directory, go ahead and
create one.

Once you've added the export command to the .profile file, you can run
musicxml2ly by simply opening a Terminal window (and then changing to the
directory containing your source file) and executing the commands as shown
in usage.

HTH,

Carl