Re: Cross-staff Glissando Stencil Error

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Cross-staff Glissando Stencil Error
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 05:46:34 +0000 (UTC)

Piaras Hoban <phoban01 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks so much for this; works really well. Is the wrapper-function
> functionality explained anywhere in the docs?

The closest is
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/extending/callback-functions>
where a function references the 'direction of a Stem as set by Lilypond,
does a (trivial) calculation on that to set the 'thickness.

In your case, you reference LilyPond's 'stencil as drawn by LilyPond,
as basis for your override of 'stencil.  To do that, you needed to look
up the original definition of the 'stencil of a Glissando, in order
to first ask LilyPond to draw her usual stencil.  I'll suggests an
example for that section of the manual.