Re: smallCaps and accented letters

From: Josiah Boothby
Subject: Re: smallCaps and accented letters
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 13:59:55 -0800

> I noticed in a score that I've recently typeset that smallCaps doesn't
> support accented characters (which is indeed written in the manual).
> For now, is there a workaround?

I don't remember how I found this (possibly through searching through
the mailing list archives, because that's how I found it again), but
Michael Lauer has a website that provides, among other things, some
include files that aid in some advanced formatting—including true small
caps, if they are supported by the font you use. I typically use Linux
Libertine, which looks nice enough and has all the characters I'm
likely to ever need to use.

Links:

Michael Lauer's music site <http://www.mrlauer.org/music/>

Linux Libertine fonts: <http://www.linuxlibertine.org/>