Re: Efficient transposition

From: Colin Tennyson
Subject: Re: Efficient transposition
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 15:42:10 -0800 (PST)

David Kastrup wrote
> A score cannot be transposed.  But its music can.
>
> \score {
>   \transpose c' a
>   \new ChoirStaff <<
>     \override Score.BarNumber.break-visibility = #'#(#f #t #t)
>     \set Score.barNumberVisibility = #(every-nth-bar-number-visible 5)
> [...]

Wow, I could not have guessed that syntax will work.

You see, the way I understood the documentation was that the  \transpose
[note] [note] _must_ be followed _directly_ by a pair of curly braces.
I'm pretty much stunned by your example, where the  \transpose c' a is
followed by a \new ChoirStaff

I tried several things, but always with the form  \transpose c' a { ... }