Open string tunings for guitar

From: Fulvio Turra
Subject: Open string tunings for guitar
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 14:36:56 +0100

Hi all, I recently asked Francesco Bruni - an expert lilypond user and active contributor on this list - some help about how to transcribe guitar music (staff and tab) in some unorthodox tunings and he suggested to share these tunings with the list to see if there is some interest in them: I have to transcribe a bunch of guitar music compositions for a professional guitar player (and great friend of mine) who uses a lot of exotic guitar tunings; he'd like to publish a book and I offered my help with the transcriptions. I think this could be a great opportunity to show off that lilypond can do better (if not best) than Sibelius and Finale.
Some tunings have already been implemented (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/predefined-string-tunings) but there are more that could be added, such as:

D-Family tunings
G-Family tunings
  • D G d g c' d' (Gsus4)
  • D G d g bflat d' (Open G Minor)
  • D G d g a d'
  • D G d g b e' (G6)
C-Family tunings
  • C G d g b d'
  • C G c g c' e' (Open C)
  • C G e g c' eflat' (Open C Minor)
This is just the surface, of course.
Thank for you attention and let me know if I can contribute with more tunings.
Best regards.

Fulvio