Musical theater headers

From: Daniel Rosen
Subject: Musical theater headers
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 15:22:43 +0000

I’m engraving pit parts for a new musical, and one of the arrangers has given me this note: “To follow convention, the song number should be in large type in a box in the top-right corner of the first page of the song. Players expect this and it will help them to locate the song quickly.” He references the attached example as a model.

To those of you who use LilyPond for musical theater, do you do this with your parts? If so, how? If not, what would be the best way to achieve it?

DR