openLilyLib Engraving Challenges

From: Urs Liska
Subject: openLilyLib Engraving Challenges
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 09:48:37 +0100

Hi all,

the first Engraving Challenge is ready to take off.

I have subscribed everybody who has so far declared interest in
participating to the openlilylib-user mailing list.

If I should have forgotten someone please tell me privately.

Everybody else is invited to have a look at the entry page
https://github.com/openlilylib/engraving-challenges

and the first challenge page
https://github.com/openlilylib/engraving-challenges/tree/master/challenge01

If you're interested in joining the effort please subscribe to the
mailing list at
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openlilylib-user
and post a message, telling us
- which notation program you would like to use
- which operating system you're on and
- whether you have experience with Git or not.

Several participants can use the same program, either in collaboration
or independently, I think this was a nice suggestion by some.
For LilyPond in particular I propose three different approaches, using
- the latest stable version (currently 2.18.0)
- the latest development version (currently 2.19.0)
- custom versions built from the latest master branch
  with the option to include custom patches if appropriate

Best wishes
Urs

--
Urs Liska