Re: Jagged hairpins

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Jagged hairpins
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 12:03:37 +0100

> I'm guessing it might be anti-aliased, which I don't believe can be used
> in the way the feta font is created.  However, have you actually tried
> the method I suggested to improve the output?  That might be a more
> useful way forward.

Hi Phil,

that is indeed a way that works quite well. Thanks again. For my purpose
that is fine.

I asked again, because this seems to make the look and feel much better.
This font looks better in the pdf viewer, that Frescobaldi ships with,
it looks better at normal zoom levels in evince and it looks better by
regularly produced (without that option) pngs.
Perhaps that is impossible with Metafont (I don’t know), but would make
lilypond look much better on screen in many application – even though
the “hard facts” (vector shapes) are correct.

Cheers,
Joram