Lilypond-book

From: Conor Cook
Subject: Lilypond-book
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 19:38:08 -0500

Dear Lilypond community,

I am relatively new to LilyPond and computing using command line, etc.  I have been trying to experiment with creating a LaTeX document incorporating Lilypond via the lilypond-book feature, but I am running into problems.  When I use TeXworks to create the .lytex file, I don’t know what typesetting tool to use (pdfLaTeX?), and then when I try to typeset it, it says:

! LaTeX Error: Environment lilypond undefined.

or

! LaTeX Error: \begin{[} on input line 5 ended by \end{lilypond}.

Then, when I just save the file as .lytex and run lilypond-book in the Terminal, I get:

-bash: lilypond-book: command not found

What am I doing wrong?

Best,
Conor Cook