Re: Extra Staff length

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Extra Staff length
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 07:30:22 -0500

Hi Conor,

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 10:14 PM, Conor Cook <address@hidden> wrote:

On Mar 27, 2014, at 10:15 AM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
>  You might move the text to where you want it by first placing it where the staff length is unaffected, then overriding TextScript.extra-offset.  This leaves the layout unchanged.

I’m not entirely sure I follow (I’ve only been using this since February, which also explains the embarrassing file structure).

See attached.  I took out the \halign and added

\once \override TextScript.extra-offset = #'(4 . 0)

The only drawback with this method is that extra-offset moves things blindly without regard for collisions with other objects, so it could be an annoyance using it before other details of the layout are fixed.

You can read more about it here:

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/learning/moving-objects

Hope this helps,

David