Re: Difference between # and $

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Difference between # and $
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 14:39:29 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Urs Liska" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 1:50 PM

So please be more specific about what of the referenced chapter you
don't get.  I am pretty sure that the current state of the documentation
is better than random, so improving it entails figuring out the bad from
the good parts, or the next version will not be better.

--
David Kastrup

I've read http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/extending/lilypond-scheme-syntax (as no doubt, Urs has) and tried to use $ in place of #. Can't get it to compile. So, taking the following note doubler, how would $ be used instead of #?

dubble = #(define-music-function( parser location arg )
 (ly:music?)
 #{ $arg $arg #}
)

{ c'' \dubble c' }