Re: Multi Voice Rests - Not Showing

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Multi Voice Rests - Not Showing
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 09:53:12 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stephen Sheasby" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2014 8:41 AM

Phil,

Thanks for your response. That did solve most of the problem but now I am
getting an accidental on the “c” even though I have the accidental engraving turned off. However, I do not get the accidental with just the single part. I
have revised my markup to demonstrate and have it listed here:

I've shown you the short-cut way to create multiple voices in LilyPond. Please read http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices for more details. The reason the accidental was engraved is that \override Voice.Accidental.stencil removes the stencil in the current voice. When you write { ... } \\ { ... } new temporary voices are created, and the stencil needs to be removed in each { ... } temporary voice as well.

What I don’t understand is why \partcombine does not work? Am reading and trying to get a handle on this.

Stephen

Please read the partcombine section of the NR: it's quite clear that this is designed to combine instrumental parts into a single part wherever possible: it therefore, I believe, does not put 2 rests where one would do. From looking at your music, it appeared to me you needed polyphony, not part combining.

--
Phil Holmes