Re: Accents with frescobaldi (OT?)

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Accents with frescobaldi (OT?)
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 11:41:11 +1000

Francois,

I am an English speaker so therefore not highly qualified to comment on matters French, but the keyboard input settings are a Ubuntu system settings parameter, not specific to Frescobaldi. Without wishing to be Anglocentric at all, if you use the keyboard layout "English (international with Alt Gr dead keys)" and use the right Alt key then type the accent followed by the letter, all works fine in every program. I am using Linux Mint which is based on Ubuntu, so this should work for you. You may prefer other accent input techniques, but the point is that it's a system settting, and Frescobaldi follows that. Frescobaldi 2.0.15 certainly works fine.

This keyboard setting is explained nicely here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/333227/type-french-accents-with-us-international-keyboard

Hope this points you in the right direction. French keyboard users may have better answers for you.

Andrew

Friday, May 02, 2014 5:10 AM
Hello,

I have an annoying issue with frescobaldi.
To get accented wovels (or whatever accented, cedilled etc) you press
first the accent then the wovel and the result is the accented wovel.